London 2012 #Olympic Triathlon
This coming 9 am, 4th Aug (Women’s Triathlon) and 11:30am 7th August (Men’s Triathlon) Countries from all over the world will be racing for Gold, Silver and Bronze in the triathlon event. It is going to be a fast paced race with all the accomplished athletes racing for their country.
Just FYI: There are no heats in the Triathlon; both the men’s and women’s events consist of a single race. So who will you be rooting for ? My Take will be New Zealand for Gold, GBR for Silver and US of A for bronze for the mens race. Agreed?
As host nation.. I will post their competing athletes here
And here are the round up forBritish Men triathlon team
- Alistair Brownlee – 24. World champion in 2009 and 2011, yet to race in 2012 while recovering from Achilles tear
- Jonny Brownlee – 22. Finished second in world behind Alistair last year, won 2012 San Diego and Madrid races in brother’s absence
- Stuart Hayes – 33. Lone world series win came in Austria two years ago. In team primarily for speed on bike
and here are the British women’s triathlon team
- Helen Jenkins – 28. World champion in 2008 under old one-off format and in 2011 under new season-long format
- Vicky Holland – 26. Best-performing British woman beyond Jenkins in 2012, finishing fifth in San Diego and seventh in Madrid
- Lucy Hall – 20. Registered her first senior international victory in March but has barely competed at elite world level. Prized for speed in swim and bike disciplines
So come this Saturday 4th August and Tuesday 7th August be sure to tune in where ever you are to catch your nations fighting for gold, Hyde Park will welcome the world’s best triathletes for one of the most exciting and high-profile events at the London 2012 Olympic Games. GOOD LUCK TO ALL CONTESTANT !!
Sharing with you all the full line up of all the triathletes competing thanks to http://www.triathlon.org, check it out..