Whether you’ve lost yourself in your job, relationship, your role as a parent or simply feel lost in life in general, you are not alone. It doesn’t mean your life is doomed and that you will never find yourself again. It simply means you are going through an incubation period and transformation. The key is not to get stuck in your current lost state and to tap into your creative power to create a life you love.
Here are seven tips that will help you out of this lost state and remind you of the power you have to create a life you love.
1. Remember what you love to do and go do it! Do you remember the last time you had fun in your life? Do you remember when things felt easy and in the flow? It was likely because you were fully engrossed in the fun of the moment. As we grow up, we lose sight of how amazing life can be because we feel burdened by the responsibilities and mundane parts of life. It’s time to reconnect with what you love and to take action on it. No more excuses about not having the time, money, resources, babysitter etc. Make a commitment to do what you love and watch your life change before your very eyes.
2. Go on an adventure. Whether it’s a day trip, a solitary retreat, or a week-long drive along the coast, go out and explore the world. This will not only allow you to tap into the flow, but it will also give you the time and focus to really reconnect with yourself again. You’ll be away from the noise of your regular life and will be able to see and experience the world with fresh eyes. I promise, when you come back you will have far more clarity about where you are going than you had when you started.
3. Reconnect with your dreams and dream BIG. What kinds of dreams did you have for your life before you lost yourself in the busy-ness of life? What have you since deemed impossible or improbable because of where you are today? Grab a journal and reconnect with the dreams you once had and better yet, come up with some new dreams. In a perfect world, what would you love to be, have, or do? What is your soul aching for? Once you reconnect with your dreams, you’ll have the desire and inspiration to begin to take action and suddenly you will have found yourself again.
4. Expand your comfort zone regularly. It’s time to get uncomfortable by trying new things and meeting new people. Growth doesn’t happen by staying in your bubble of comfort where everything is familiar. Challenge yourself to do something that is slightly terrifying, yet invigorating. That is what I like to call the zone. It’s the space where you are stretching yourself just enough to continue to grow and evolve. What’s the first thing that came to mind for you? Go do that!
5. Get quiet and listen. Everyday there are signs, messages, and guideposts that will inspire you to act, but you only notice them if you are open. With all the mind chatter and busy-ness we have these days it can be difficult to recognize the signs that are all around, so it’s important to get quiet and listen. Pay attention to the signs on the road, songs on the radio, and the people you meet in the street. There are messengers all around with Divine guidance to help you move forward on your path. Your key to finding yourself may very well be on a billboard or come to you as a thought in the shower. Listen up, pay attention, and then follow through on your inspired action.
6. Remember you have the power to be, have, and do anything you desire. Sometimes the feeling of being lost is all-consuming and you forget that you get to choose what you think and how you feel. You are given a great amount of power to create the life you desire and get the answers you are looking for. Whether you use affirmations, mantras, meditation, yoga, journaling or something else, it’s important to focus on the beauty and joy around you. When you do that, the Universe sends you more of the same, including the answers you are seeking.
7. Ask for help. There are so many people in the world whose purpose it is to help people like you. Reach out and ask for help. You don’t have to figure this out all on your own and sometimes simply having a chat with someone can provide the insight you need to move forward with ease. Whether it’s a life coach, mentor, friend, counselor, or the Divine, ask for help and be open to the guidance and tools that come your way.
Let’s keep the conversation going. What has helped you find yourself when you were feeling lost? Share in the comments below, I’d love to hear your input.
“I did what I had to, I had no money but I had to meet her. I was cycling for love, but never loved cycling. It’s simple.”
I was in awe when I read this article (link of the article below in red) about how this guy cycled all the way from India to Europe, it didn’t only touched my heart but I felt that their love was real. This is certainly no fairy tale but surely some director in Hollyweed will be milking movie out of a movie of them, seems worthy of the big screen. I would watch it if it comes out.
but what made this story so interesting is that, how in the world did the mother predicted the shit out of her son’s love life ..DAMM.. that is some real shamazam there, spooky but it’s real pure luck I say but surely awesome predicting skills she got there, for all it’s worth he could have rep his country in the Tour De France cycling those miles and maybe made a name for himself as well.
Anyway from the look of their face, that is truly love and good for them. Would you cycle across country for LOVE? in this day and time, I think people just swipe left and right, who cares about REAL love.
Blogging for me has nearly grind to a screeching halt, social media for me has since been quite annoying recently, well at least for me. Back in the days (blogspot, tumblr) I use to wander into people’s blog and be intrigue with their thoughts and life experience, those days it was just purely people sharing “real” life experience and that was it. I know there are still plenty of these people and they mean good in their blogs.
But with the many saturation of social media, peoples are just trying every way to garner for more attention through every means, for me it’s”ANNOYING” , it seems “BLOGGER” is a real job now as also You-tuber, sheeeesh.. time really have changed.
What happened to just plain simple sharing of life as it is? It use to be interesting but really now for me it is just plain boring, I don’t know about you guys but for me, scrolling through the social media seems to be repetitive and attention whoring. Lame I know. I still do not own a FB account, for other media I am just trying out and I usually delete them after a day or two. I only have IG, YT and this Blog here.
Wondering back to what have I done for the pass few months or maybe even close to a year really surprised me, time creeps up on everyone like the Superman on laxative looking for the restroom.
Surely my health is still good but not as perfect as it can be as I have been neglecting my runs and triathlons for my travels.
I have created an excel chart to monitor and track the exact date and registration time of the 6 marathon majors again. Despite not being able to get into London and NYC for a few years in a row is definitely disappointing but hey, Colonel Sanders did not get to sell his recipe in his first few times of knocking, so I am not giving up on it yet.
Well in short, this post is to tell you all out there that, Social media will still continue with or without you looking at it. Life is short, too short in fact and spending time with my family is what matters to me now. If you can travel the world, do things that excites you and more importantly YOU CREATE YOUR OWN HAPPINESS !
I used to end my post with “Catch you all later” and I still do, let me know your thoughts and enjoy your weekend guys
Singapore (19 January 2017) – PUMA has kicked the new year off in style by unveiling its next generation POWER boot, the evoPOWER Vigor 1. The new football boot sees PUMA’s greatest design overhaul yet in the POWER franchise, boasting an upgraded silhouette that keeps power and accuracy at the heart of the design. The revolutionary boot will be worn on-pitch by PUMA POWER stars including the likes of Olivier Giroud and Mario Balotelli, and new PUMA ambassadors, Petr Čech and Marc Bartra.
Engineered with numerous upgrades to the previous edition, the evoPOWER Vigor 1 is more technical than ever, marking a new era for the silo. The Vigor 1 is the first in the POWER family to feature a stretchable Spandex sock construction, creating an ultra-comfortable slip on boot with a barefoot feeling. The Spandex sock lining works in harmony with PUMA’s next generation AccuFoam upper technology which features a new engineered 3D format. The PU foam dots regulate the uneven surface when the foot comes into contact with the ball, which maximises precision when striking the ball powerfully. The upper is completed with PUMA’s Adap-Lite material further enhanced with a new support cage that allows the foot to bend. The one-way stretchable microfibre upper material supports the biomechanics of the foot while striking the ball barefoot, maximizing both power and precision. This combined with GripTex, a PUMA technology applied to the upper of the boot, helps create enhanced grip and ball control.
The evoPOWER Vigor 1 outsole remains the same as its predecessors as a result of popular demand, featuring a mix of bladed and conical studs. Based on PUMA’s research into how force travels on the stance and kicking legs, the boot features bladed studs that ensure perfect ground penetration and stability, especially on stance leg, and conical studs for optimal agility.
The evoPOWER Vigor 1 emanates POWER with its bold styling and colour, featuring a sleek new look in allover Gecko Green finished off with Safety Yellow and PUMA Black detailing. The diamond shaped PU dots in Safety Yellow on the sock liner not only advance the performance of the boot, but also fashion a subtle graphic pattern across the upper, which has been replicated in the outsole. The overall look is rounded off with finishing touches in PUMA Black, from the iconic PUMA Formstripe and evoPOWER branding on the tongue to decorative details on the outsole.
PUMA star striker and POWER player, Olivier Giroud added; “I’ve been wearing evoPOWER for some time now and while PUMA always makes great developments to the boot, the new evoPOWER Vigor 1 is next level. I’m enjoying playing in a boot with a slip-on sock construction – it is ridiculously comfortable plus the foam dots are a total game changer for me. I enjoy making an impact on the pitch and in these bold Green boots I definitely will. Let’s just say the bar has been officially raised.”
The new evoPOWER Vigor 1 is now retailing at SGD 329 at PUMA Bugis+, PUMA VivoCity, and in Westorn Corp Outlets
PUMA Singapore will be launching two new concept stores in Paragon and Bugis+. Introducing the new Forever Faster 2 concept, both stores are conceptualized to mirror PUMA’s brand ethos of weaving sports into lifestyle and will house the widest selection of the latest offerings from PUMA’s athletic fashion and fitness categories for lifestyle wear or for training purposes.
Starting at the facade, with the campaign of the season, the consumer experiences the PUMA brand DNA throughout their entire journey. Showcased through 360 package across clearly designated sections in accordance to categories and clearly spilt by gender, the layout is strategized to facilitate ease and aid customer understanding of the products – all with the intention to offer an enhanced purchasing experience for all shoppers. With PUMA’s strong heritage as a footwear company, the impressive selection will also be showcased on an extensive footwear wall that will be one of the key features in the store.
Situated along Orchard Road, in the heart of Singapore’s shopping district, the PUMA
store at Paragon mall is a 979 sq ft. concept store, and is now opened. The 1,712 sq ft. concept store in Bugis+ is strategically housed in the vibrant youth enclave, and
will be opened in January 2017.
A Beginner’s Guide To All Things BE@RBRICK
What does Pharrell, Grace Coddington and Ben Baller all have in common? An affinity for toy collecting. This may sound peculiar at first, but the toy in question is the BE@RBRICK – a little bear-shaped brick toy that’s made its ways into studios, MTV cribs and galleries across the world. It wouldn’t be too far of a stretch to say that these vinyl toys have become canvases for modern expression, playing a crucial role in the intersection of style, art and fashion.
BE@RBRICKs are a form of collectible toy that resemble a cross between LEGO and well, a bear. These block-style figurines boast teddy bear-style heads that have become an integral pillar of the collectible toy scene. In fact, it wouldn’t be so far-fetched to say that it almost single-handedly carved out the fad of toy collecting in modern times, treading the very fine line between toy and art. Since its inception, BE@RBRICKs have become one of the most recognizable characters in the world, and some of the most sought after.
While regular toy figurines are normally reserved for kids, these bear-like objects have spoken to a more sophisticated crowd. Having been known to sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars on resell markets (the most expensive one sold for close to $200,000 USD), BE@RBRICKs are anything but juvenile.
With anything is a collector’s item, there’s a bit of a learning curve getting in. Let us teach you the basics.
BE@RBRICKS are designed and produced by Japan’s MediCom Toy, a company that is best known for its plastic figurines. The company was founded in 1996 to make limited edition figures and licensed products. It has long created plastic figurines of popular culture.
The BE@RBRICK’S design and concept was loosely based on another line of MediCom Toy’s — the Kubrick, which pay homage to famed director Stanley Kubrick. The line of Kubricks are also represented by a logo that uses the same font as A Clockwork Orange‘s official poster, while the name also coincidentally includes the Japanese word for nine — “ku.” Both Kubricks and BE@RBRICKS are comprised of nine parts — a head, torso, hips, arms, hands, and legs with joints that can move. While the Kubrick toys bear resemblance to a human form, the BE@RBRICK, as mentioned, is an anthropomorphized bear.
Most BE@RBRICKS are comprised of hard plastic, but over time, different series have introduced different materials into the mix, including metal and wood. Regardless, the most common form of BE@RBRICKS are made of plastic, however, MediCom Toy has experimented with different plastics over time.
The first BE@RBRICK was released May 27 2001 and given out as a free gift to attendees of the World Character Convention in Tokyo, Japan. This iteration was a simple white bear featuring the BE@RBRICK logo — a blue bear shape with a red “@” enclosed within. Measuring in at 70 mm, this marked the standard BE@RBRICK size — the 100%.
With the first BE@RBRICK dubbed the 100%, all following sizes also follow the same system. Generally, BE@RBRICKS range between 50% to 1000%. Aside from these standard sizes, there have been some collections that featured BE@RBRICKS of different shapes and sizes — these fall under the “OTHER” category.
- 50%, 35 mm – These BE@RBRICKS are normally released in the form of keychains.
- 70%, 50 mm – First introduced in 2006, the 70% BE@RBRICKS were originally collectible items alongside other products. Since then, many have adopted this format as a form of lucky charm. In response to this, MediCom toy has produced 70% BE@RBRICKS adorned with auspicious and customizable tags.
- 100%, 70 mm – The most classic and common format. All BE@RBRICK series are released in this size and are available in blind boxes.
- 200%, 145 mm – A relatively newer format and are only released in the “Chogokin” Series. These are all constructed of die-cast metal and weigh in at 400 g.
- 400%, 280 mm – The second most common format, most collectors buy BE@RBRICKS in 400% form.
- 1000%, 700 mm – The largest regular BE@RBRICK size, the 1000% is normally reserved as collectible statue pieces.
All BE@RBRICKS releases can be categorized into “SERIES” and “TYPES.” There are two drops a year, and each BE@RBRICK “SERIES” are released in the summer or the winter. Each SERIES are consecutively numbered and consist of four different TYPES. As of press time, the latest is SERIES 31.
- Basic — Nine different designs with each figure bearing a letter that all come together and spell “BE@RBRICK”
- Standard — All BE@RBRICKS in this series consist of th different recurring “THEMES” (see below).
- Artist — Normally consists of designs created in collaboration with an artist.
- Secret — Unannounced designs that are usually rarer, may also consist of collaborative designs. They may belong to any of the below Themes
Within the “Standard” Series are different “THEMES.” The most common themes include the following
- Jellybean — a solid-colored figure constructed of translucent plastic.
- Pattern — a figure boasting a pattern.
- Flag — a figure boasting a nation’s flag
- Horror — a figure that is made to resemble a character or theme in the horror genre.
- SF (Science Fiction) — a figure based on a science fiction theme, usually a film.
- Cute — a figure bearing resemblance to something “cute.”
- Animal — a figure bearing resemblance to another animal.
- Hero — a newer THEME which was introduced in SERIES 21, and consists of superheroes from DC Comics.
All BE@RBRICKS are limited edition and rarely re-released. All of the aforementioned SERIES are purchasable in blind boxes — each box usually contains one figure. All boxes are available in a case, and each case consists of 24 blind boxes. All contents of boxes are random, and it is impossible to discern what is inside a blind box without opening the package. Hence, it is extremely difficult to collect a whole set.
Aside from the schedule SERIES releases that come in the summer and winter, there are general releases that fall throughout the year. These drops are usually individual designs or sometimes in a collection of two or three. These designs vary — they can be tied to a certain season or holiday, commemorating a theme or event, but they are largely collaborative designs.
Each BE@RBRICK SERIES and THEME has its own level of rarity, with the most common being the Basic themed figures. Each blind box states the rarity of the themes, all of which is listed below.
Basic BE@RBRICKS — 14.58 percent
- Jellybean — 11.45 percent
- Pattern — 11.45 percent
- Flag — 9.37 percent
- Horror, 9.37 percent
- SF — 10.41 percent
- Cute –13.54 percent
- Animal — 8.33 percent
- Hero — 7.29 percent
Artist BE@RBRICKS — 4.16 percent or 1.04 percent
Secret BE@RBRICKS — 0.52 percent (1/192)
In addition to these numbers are even rarer releases. The most difficult BE@RBRICKS to collect are those that were never intended for public purchase — such as giveaways, promotional items and one-of-a-kind figures.
Because BE@RBRICKS are so limited in nature and difficult to collect, there is a lot hype around different releases. While the more common collectibles are not hard to obtain, the rarer figures are often resold for multiples of its original price. Some of the rarest BE@RBRICKS include collaborations with KAWS, Chanel, Andy Warhol and many more. KAWS even went on to collaborate with Medicom Toy on OriginalFake, an offshoot brand that unfortunately shuttered in 2013.
BE@RBRICKS have done almost the impossible, positioning itself in the intersection of art, fashion, culture, and fun. Its simple and familiar design has won over everyone regardless of gender or age. MediCom Toy has opened up the floodgates for collectibles, and pioneered for toys a way to market and sell products with hype. While its limited edition method ensures long-lasting interest, it’s the various collaborations that BE@RBRICKS partake in that truly make these forms of art.
Its collaborative efforts also allows artists, musicians, companies and more to offer their own fanbases a token that they can purchase or vie for. Not only does this help increase the visibility of these brands, but they also disseminate BE@RBRICKS across varied interest groups and demographics — perpetuating its continued success.
BE@RBRICK’s role in streetwear cannot be denied. With its limited edition and rare items, it has paved the way for other brands to introduce their own limited edition products and toys. Figurines have become an undeniable staple in streetwear circles, and it’s surely not going anywhere.
Credits to Helena Yeung for the article
Held for the first time at the island’s hottest beach destination, ILLUMI RUN saw participants get doused in ILLUMI Glow Water as they ran and danced through five ultraviolet music zones. The fourth edition of the run also included an ILLUMI Glow Slide, making it Singapore’s first night run with a slide
A wave of neon colours hit Sentosa’s Palawan Green this evening, as the island’s hottest beach destination played host to thousands of ILLUMI RUNNERs, who ran and danced through the night while getting doused in ILLUMI Glow Water.
Held for the first time on the beach, the fourth edition of the ILLUMI RUN also showcased exciting new features such as a ‘Neon Paradise’ route and an inflatable glow slide, making it Singapore’s first night run with a slide. The key feature of the ILLUMI RUN village, the ILLUMI Glow Slide saw participants getting soaked in Glow Water as they slid down the 30-metre long structure, ensuring not one participant got through the night spot-free.
ILLUMI RUN flagged off at 7.30pm and participants ran and partied through the Neon Paradise route, featuring exciting glow zones like Cosmic-Land, which promised neon bubbles and psychedelic rainbow light displays, and Flower Dreams, where runners were treated to a one-of-a-kind neon rain shower as they danced across a colourful field of flowers.
The evening culminated in a party on Palawan Beach, where Asia’s most sought-after DJs such as DJ TiNC, Rave Republic and Taiwan’s DJ Cookie pumped up the luminescent crowd, ending the night on a neon high.
“This was our first time holding ILLUMI RUN at Sentosa, and we cannot be happier with the positive feedback we received. We’re extremely grateful to all the participants who came down tonight, and hope all enjoyed the new experience of running and dancing through the beach while getting splashed with ILLUMI Glow Water,” said Jeffrey Foo, Director of Infinitus Productions, conceptualiser and organiser of ILLUMI RUN. It was indeed very heartening to see runners having so much fun as they took a dive on it and got soaked in Glow Water. We are already looking forward to delivering an even better ILLUMI RUN experience next year.”
ILLUMI RUN 2016 DETAILS
Date : 17 December 2016
Time : 19:00 HRS to 23:30 HRS (Flag off at 19:30)
Venue : Palawan Green, Sentosa
Tag everything with : #illumirun / #illumirun2016 / #illumiruns