Singapore Traffic FINE ! NO JOKE OK
take note of the new pricing from Traffic Police & the map of the
Traffic Police where they usually hide their Mobile Speed Camera for
NEW Price List from TP…
Price increase without further notice.
- Exceeding 1 – 20km/h = $130 + 4 demerit points.
- Exceeding 21 – 30km/h = $150 + 6 demerit points.
- Exceeding 31 – 40km/h = $180 + 8 demerit points.
- Exceeding 41 – 50km/h = >$200 + 12 demerit points + Court.
- Exceeding 51 – 60km/h = >$200 + 18 demerit points + Court.
- Exceeding >61km/h = >$200 + 24 demerit points + Court.. !
If you want to
be hero and fight the court case yourself, and you lose, you pay the
court charges yourself, which will add up to your fine. I guess the
court charges is at least $200 and above.
- Careless driving = $150 + 6 demerit Points.
- Inconsiderate Driving = $170 + 9 Demerit Points + Court.
- Dangerous Driving = >$200 + 24 Demerit Points + Court + Vehicle Compounded.
- Illegal Racing = >$200 + Vehicle Confiscate + Court.
- Fail to put Seat Belt = $120 + 3 demerit points.
- Crossing Double White lines = $130 + 4 points.
- Phone and Drive = $200 + 12 demerit point + Phone Confiscate. Do not hold your hp in your hand when you drive even with loud speaker or ear piece.
- Drink Driving
- For first offence. = Up to $5000 Fine And, or jail Term + License Suspended + Court.
- 2nd time offence = Jail term + Fine + Court.
- Making an illegal U Turn when there’s no U Turn sign = $70.
- Fail to Signal when changing lanes = $70.
- Driving at night without headlights or taillights switch on after 7pm = $30.
- No Number Plate = $70.
- Obstructed Number Plate = $70.
- Obscured Number Plate = $70.
- Number Plate of Unapproved Type = $70.
As for Demerit Point system:
Let’s say you have 0 points on 1st
January 2005, and you committed the offence of failing to Put on Seat
Belt. So now, you will have 3 demerit points and this will last for 1
Year. If during this 1 year you have no demerit points offence at all,
your 3 demerit points will be gone on 1/1/2006. But, if during this one
year, From 1/1/2005 – 1/1/2006, you committed another offence with
demerit points, your very first offence will be extended for another
year until 1/1/2007 .