The Color Run Singapore 2013 (Registration)
Updated 25 June 2014 : for the latest Post on Color Run please visit there
Updated 11 August 2013 : Took me 2hr 30mins to collect my buddie’s race pack, went at 8.20, got mine at about 10:50pm, Anyway the collection have been extended to Tuesday, please see The Color Run Facebook page for more info before going down to collect your race pack.. The Color Run Facebook Singapore
My team just got back covering the “The Color Run” press conference, It is deem as the happiest 5K and I can assure you it will be the happiest 5K run ever. HECK, its not even a run, you can walk all the 5K and get covered in colors, that’s our game plan and we sure wanna be covered in every color possible, the sponsor CIMB (Red), MINI (Yellow), New Balance (Blue) and W Hotel (Pink)
Lots of people have been asking for this, some even thinking its a HOAX as no official website has been announced and it was just a Facebook Page covering this event, but Guess WHAT ! ITS REAL. Pssst just a heads up for you readers, The Color Run Netherlands sold out all their slots in just 18 mins. So If I were you I would be waiting with my tablet, mobile phone or PC if I want to get myself registered.
Please see my previous post on the Color Run here if you have missed my explanation on whats The Color Run is about —> The Color Run
Click on THE COLOR RUN Facebook here —> The Color Run Facebook Singapore
Follow on Twitter: @TheColorRun (I have created the hashtag #TheColorRunSG in twitter as not to confuse with #Happiest5K which the conversation goes into a global scale) of course you can use both.
Read on for more details on registration and FAQ
- When is The Color Run event in Singapore? 17th & 18th August 2013
- What time will the race start? 5pm , Dont see this as AM, its in the EVENING !!
- How many participants are expected? 16,000 in total for 2 days
- Where on Sentosa will the race take place? Beach Station Open Air Car Park
- Is The Color Run™ timed? The Color Run™ 5k is not a timed event.
- Is there a charity element? $1 from each registration will go to the proceed of Project Happy Feet. Project Happy Feet is a Singapore-based not-for-profit organisation set up to empower the lives of underprivileged youths and children in developing countries by supporting their education and training through fund-raising for education-related initiatives and programmes that positively impact them or their families.
- Who are the sponsors? CIMB Bank, Mini, New Balance and W Hotel.
- How many Color Runs are there worldwide? The Color Run will be going to 200 cities worldwide
- Is gantry fee covered in registration? Yes
- How Much? When? and how can one register?$50.00 SGD – Early Bird Registration until 12th July. All entries include Sentosa gantry fee and $1 donation to charity. If you miss the early bird discount, tickets are $55.00 SGD each.Registration will start on 28 June 2013. Participants can register online at
- Do Islander Members get any discount? Yes – they will receive a discount code from Sentosa on the 27th June
- How old do you have to be to enter? There is no age limit. Please Do bring you family along for the fun
Questions relating to the color/powder
- Is it safe to participate? What is the powder made of? Yes, products are FDA approved and safe. Cornstarch which is a household baking product which has color obtained from plant sources so is also natural
- How will the powder be cleaned up? All excess powder will be swept up and then washed away using high pressure water hoses.
- Will the color ruin clothes or running shoes?
The “color” does mostly wash out after the event. As with anything dirty, the sooner you wash it the better. We suggest wearing items that you wouldn’t mind getting colorful. If you would like to preserve the color in your running shirt, spray it with vinegar and iron it. If you wash your shirt, the color will eventually come out.
- Do the kilometer “Color Zones” affect runner vision? Or breathing?
The Color Run™ explosions are basically food grade cornstarch and are 100% natural and SAFE. As with any substance, you want to keep it out of your eyes and our “certified” color throwers make sure to aim low as you pass by. Some “Color Runners” opt to wear glasses or goggles for their eyes and use a bandana or dust mask for their mouths. Runners who run in the middle lane is the “low color lane,” which offers a “lighter” color experience. In summary: We work pretty hard to make it so our precious “Color Runners” get as much or as little color on them as they like.
- Do you have “cleaning stations” at the finish after party?
We have air blown color cleaning at the finish line for a good dusting off, followed by water stations where you can rinse off excess color. You won’t be 100% clean, but you are totally good for the journey home. It is actually pretty fun to see people still colored up around town after The Color Run™ event. It is like a badge of honor!
- Are cameras and phones safe to have in the color zones?
Our race photographers are totally fine shooting from a medium distance (25-50 feet). If you want to get shots right in the midst of the color we recommend covering cameras/phones with plastic wrap / zip lock bag.
If you have any question do not be afraid to ask me here, I will try my best to answer you guys if I know the answer. In the meanwhile, Good Luck Registering yourself this 28th June.