Do you get confused when you are with a bunch of friends who are runners and they start talking like whats your PR, Vo2Max ..etc.. etc.. well fret not just take a look at the couple of terms I have put up for your reference, or maybe you want to impress the runner girl and you just don’t know how to start a conversation, Read on so the next time you wont be lost in the conversation, So Join the fun… Join the Run.
I am sure there are many more terms and lingos, if you do have any terms you would like to clarify or add on, Please do so at the comment box below. I would be happy to answer all your questions.
- VO2 = VO2 Max, Maximum volume of oxygen (O2) that can be absorbed by the body
- LSD = Long Slow Distance run
- HR = Heart Rate
- HRMAX = Maximum Heart Rate, useful to get 60% and 85% values for training effect
- RHR = Resting Heart Rate
- Tempo = Tempo runs help you develop your anaerobic or lactate threshold which is critical for running faster.
- Tapering = This reduced training phase gives runners a chance to rest, recover, and mentally prepare for their race
- OR = Olympic Record
- WR = World Record
- NR = National Record
- CR = Competition Record/Commonwealth record
- PR = Personal Record (Others might use PB for Personal Best)
- PW = Personal Worst
- DFL = Dead freaking last, a proud and honoured tradition.
- DNF = Did Not Finish
- DNS = Did not start
- DNQ = Did not qualify
And if all else fail and you are just not the runner you are.. the card below will say it all 🙂 HAve a Fabulous weekend guys !