Introducing the Mizuno Wave Rider 18 (Official Release)
If you haven’t read the review of the Mizuno Wave Rider 18 by guest runner, you may click on Mizuno WR 18 Rainbow Warrior Review
If not you may carry on reading the Official Press Release
Hado is the intrinsic vibrational energy that exists in all matter which can create powerful transformations. The new Wave Rider 18 is designed to maximize and balance forward momentum, which can result in positive change both internally and in the world we run in.
Dependability mile after mile, the Mizuno Wave Rider 18 is ready to hit the roads. A lightweight U4ic midsole provides a springy responsiveness and a revamped two piece upper creates an adaptable fit. Along with a reconfigured flex groove system for increased durability, the Rider 18 keeps you going no matter the distance.
- Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- SR Touch cushioning compound provides resiliency and rebound in the heel for shock absorption.
- Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
- U4ic is a lightweight midsole that provides optimal shock absorption, durability and a resilient ride.
- Extended Wave Plate in the midfoot is an extension of the Mizuno Wave for increased torsional rigidity between the heel and forefoot.
- Mizuno Intercool ventilation system in the midsole inhibits humidity buildup to keep feet cool and dry.
- Gender Engineering utilizes gender-specific attributes such as a wider base in men’s shoes and additional flex grooves in women’s shoes.
- X10 located in the heel is made of durable carbon rubber for enhanced traction.
- Blown rubber in the forefoot increases cushioning and responsiveness.
- Flex Controllers placed in high flex areas on the outsole act as miniature wave plates for increased flexibility and reduced weight.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Stitched Overlays on the medial and lateral sides help secure the foot in place.
- OrthoLite Sockliner is anti-microbial and moisture wicking for a healthy foot environment.
- Dynamotion Fit creates optimal fit with stretch material in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel
The Mizuno Wave Rider 18 is available for both men and women at all Mizuno concept stores and selected World of Sports stores for $179.