Eyes are dried up with the constant blowing of the table fan, looking at the screen for over 8 hours a day sometimes even more,scrolling the mouse through email after email which furiously typing on the keyboard is most often a day in the life of an office executive.
Why do we put ourselves in this position day after day, waking up to the sound of our phone alarm, turning it off then just lazing and snoozing dreading the time to wake up, to get dressed, to go to work, to get that next pay check, but pay check to do what? Why are we so enslaved with this thing called money? Just a piece of paper with a numerical digit printed on it but it makes the world go mad.
Just recently a man threw money over a roof-top in Hong Kong to attract or create awareness on their cryptocurrency platform, it was borderline crazy thinking that it will get attention, yes attention it got but it was not the good kind, the other attention he caught was on wrong side of the law. I believe he was sentence to jail, and did you know that Hong Kong requires you to report all money found if not you are an offender.
Ok this post is not going anywhere, and this post is just that, there is no topic of conversation, yet it has no direction, just like me now. I have come to a point in my life I am asking myself, what am I doing to move ahead. Be in the rat race like everyone else and go through the motion in life like how most adult go through.
I don’t seek solace, nor do I seek fame, yes maybe I am lost and I know I am not alone, is this a phenomenon going on where people just quit their jobs without knowing what is the next step, but as my Linkedin post have said, “Good Things come to those that wait” Have patience and he shall guide you in the right path.
This post is to tell all those that you are not alone and everyone have a fighting chance. You just need to try
I might be starting another WordPress page soon other than sports.
Happy Boxing day guys !
This is a story about humility, and how we should only stay humble all our life no matter how high we go up in life.
There was this this high positioned man, that was giving a speech at a conference in another country, he was flown in with in a private jet, and upon arrival a Bentley was there to pick him up, and without lifting a finger he was already checked into his hotel and was served a hot coffee in a beautiful ceramic cup in the waiting area before his speech
Next year he had retire but was still invited to the same conference, this time round, there was no private jet, no car and not even a cup of coffee, he had to grab his own coffee and he thought to himself from there while holding his cup, people were only respecting the position and not the person.
What can this story be taught to us?
Mark your calendar for this coming 11th November as the highly anticipated YOLO Run Singapore edition launches for a third consecutive year, whats even more challenging is that they have added a 21KM category into their route to excite runners in Singapore
The YOLO Run is a fun and performance run event where participants are encouraged to free themselves, be a part of a run that gives back and also partake in a mass yoga session after the run. The spirit of the YOLO Run draws from the aphorism “You Only Live Once” and encourages participants to seize the day, not care about what people think, and free themselves from labels, stereotypes, body types and inhibitions. This action of liberation is signified by participants running shirtless and is supported by X-Change Republic (the creators of the YOLO Run) or the sponsors, through donations to the adopted beneficiary for every runner who runs shirtless. YOLO Run believes in the appreciation of life. Everyone only lives each day once, therefore when one is able to, he should always help those in need, simply because there could never be another chance for it.
After two successful years in Singapore with 3,000 participants in 2015 and 9,000 participants in 2016, the third 2XU YOLO Run SG will take off at the F1 Pit with 5KM, 10KM and 21KM category options. “We have kept all the unique features of the YOLO Run and will be making it even better with the inclusion of the 21KM category and the entitlements made available to all. This year we are grateful for the continued support from title sponsor 2XU Compression Wear, and we are excited to partner with popular home-grown yoga studio – Yoga Lab,” says Mr Alex Loh, Managing Partner at X-Change Republic Pte Ltd.
Soak in the spirit of 2XU YOLO Run SG 2017 where participants are encouraged to seize the day, not care about what people think, and free themselves from labels, stereotypes, body types and inhibitions. This action of liberation is signified by runners running shirtless. In line with freeing the participants’ minds and connecting their body and soul, 2XU YOLO Run SG 2017 will end the day on a high note with YOLO Yoga, a rejuvenating mass outdoor yoga session of mindful stretching led by renowned Yoga Personality and Instructor from Yoga Lab – Jasmine Chong.
“It has always been Yoga Lab’s mission to make yoga accessible to the masses, so we are excited to do exactly that at this year’s YOLO Run. Just as how running is for all, so is yoga!” says Miss Jasmine Chong.
Join in the meaningful way to YOLO, free yourselves and come run shirtless for a good cause. Early-bird registration is priced respectively at S$38 for 5KM, S$48 for 10KM, and S$58 for 21KM. For more information and to register, visit www.yolorun.com.
Most of you must be wondering what does Yellow Ribbon means, or why was the Yellow color being chosen, year on year you will see me posting about Yellow Ribbon Prison Run as I am a firm believer of 2nd chances
It all started in 2004, whereby a (more…)
3 sales professionals applied to work for a huge company. As they were all evenly qualified, the interviewer decided to set a sales challenge and the person who sold the most would be awarded the job.
The challenge was to sell combs to monks of any temple up in the mountains. “You have 3 days, and the person who sells the most will get the job” said the interviewer.
After 3 days, the 3 applicants returned, and reported their results.
Candidate 1 said “I managed to sell one comb. The monks scolded me, saying I was openly mocking them. Disappointed, I gave up and left. But on my way back, I saw a junior monk with an itchy scalp; he was constantly scratching his head. I told him the comb would help him with his scratching and he bought one comb”
Candidate 2 said “That’s good, but I did better. I sold 10 combs.” Excited, the interviewer asked “How did you do it?” Candidate 2 replied “I observed that the visitors had very messy hair due to the strong winds they faced while walking to the temple. I convinced the monk to give out combs to the visitors so they could tidy themselves up and show greater respect during their worship.”
Candidate 3 stepped up “Not so fast, I sold more than both of them.” “How many did you sell” asked the interviewer.
“A thousand combs”
“Wow! How did you do it?” the interviewer exclaimed.
“I went to one of the biggest temples there, and thanked the Senior Master for serving the people and providing a sacred place of worship for them. He was very gracious and said he would like to thank and appreciate his visitors for their support and devotion. I suggested that the best way would be to offer his visitors a momento and the blessing of Buddha. I showed him the wooden combs which I had engraved words of blessings and told him people would use the combs daily and would serve as a constant reminder to do good deeds. He liked the idea, and proceeded to order a thousand combs”
“You got lucky,” one of the other candidates said bitterly.
“Not really,” the interviewer countered. “He had a plan, which was why he had the comb engraved prior to his visit. Even if that temple did not want it, another one surely would.”
“There is more,” the third candidate smiled. “I went back to the temple yesterday to check on the Master. He said many visitors told their friends and family about the comb with the Buddha’s blessing. Now even more people are visiting every day. Everyone is asking for the comb, and giving generous donations too! The temple is more popular than ever, and the Master says he will run out of the combs in a month… and will need to order more!”
The three different candidates show us the different levels of sales performance:
Candidate 1 displayed the most basic level, which is to meet the prospect’s personal needs. The monk with the itchy scalp had a personal need; it was specific to him only.
Candidate 2 shows the next level – anticipating and creating new needs for the prospect. Perhaps the monk doesn’t have an obvious need for the comb, but how can it still be beneficial to him? When you can educate the prospect on new possibilities and benefits for his business, you are already outperforming your competitors.
Candidate 3 demonstrates the best level of all; an ongoing relationship resulting in repeat sales and referrals. Everyone was a winner, the monk, the devotees, the 3rd candidate and the interviewer. Help your prospects benefit their prospects, to create maximum value. View each prospect not as individuals, but also their contacts and network beyond them. See each customer as lifetime clients instead of one time sales.
Our beliefs and thoughts shape our actions and ultimately, our results. When faced with a challenge, how do you respond? And how big do you think?
How can you create new needs for your prospect and benefit their customers?
As shared by Joshua via Linkedin
Whether you’ve lost yourself in your job, relationship, your role as a parent or simply feel lost in life in general, you are not alone. It doesn’t mean your life is doomed and that you will never find yourself again. It simply means you are going through an incubation period and transformation. The key is not to get stuck in your current lost state and to tap into your creative power to create a life you love.
Here are seven tips that will help you out of this lost state and remind you of the power you have to create a life you love.
1. Remember what you love to do and go do it! Do you remember the last time you had fun in your life? Do you remember when things felt easy and in the flow? It was likely because you were fully engrossed in the fun of the moment. As we grow up, we lose sight of how amazing life can be because we feel burdened by the responsibilities and mundane parts of life. It’s time to reconnect with what you love and to take action on it. No more excuses about not having the time, money, resources, babysitter etc. Make a commitment to do what you love and watch your life change before your very eyes.
2. Go on an adventure. Whether it’s a day trip, a solitary retreat, or a week-long drive along the coast, go out and explore the world. This will not only allow you to tap into the flow, but it will also give you the time and focus to really reconnect with yourself again. You’ll be away from the noise of your regular life and will be able to see and experience the world with fresh eyes. I promise, when you come back you will have far more clarity about where you are going than you had when you started.
3. Reconnect with your dreams and dream BIG. What kinds of dreams did you have for your life before you lost yourself in the busy-ness of life? What have you since deemed impossible or improbable because of where you are today? Grab a journal and reconnect with the dreams you once had and better yet, come up with some new dreams. In a perfect world, what would you love to be, have, or do? What is your soul aching for? Once you reconnect with your dreams, you’ll have the desire and inspiration to begin to take action and suddenly you will have found yourself again.
4. Expand your comfort zone regularly. It’s time to get uncomfortable by trying new things and meeting new people. Growth doesn’t happen by staying in your bubble of comfort where everything is familiar. Challenge yourself to do something that is slightly terrifying, yet invigorating. That is what I like to call the zone. It’s the space where you are stretching yourself just enough to continue to grow and evolve. What’s the first thing that came to mind for you? Go do that!
5. Get quiet and listen. Everyday there are signs, messages, and guideposts that will inspire you to act, but you only notice them if you are open. With all the mind chatter and busy-ness we have these days it can be difficult to recognize the signs that are all around, so it’s important to get quiet and listen. Pay attention to the signs on the road, songs on the radio, and the people you meet in the street. There are messengers all around with Divine guidance to help you move forward on your path. Your key to finding yourself may very well be on a billboard or come to you as a thought in the shower. Listen up, pay attention, and then follow through on your inspired action.
6. Remember you have the power to be, have, and do anything you desire. Sometimes the feeling of being lost is all-consuming and you forget that you get to choose what you think and how you feel. You are given a great amount of power to create the life you desire and get the answers you are looking for. Whether you use affirmations, mantras, meditation, yoga, journaling or something else, it’s important to focus on the beauty and joy around you. When you do that, the Universe sends you more of the same, including the answers you are seeking.
7. Ask for help. There are so many people in the world whose purpose it is to help people like you. Reach out and ask for help. You don’t have to figure this out all on your own and sometimes simply having a chat with someone can provide the insight you need to move forward with ease. Whether it’s a life coach, mentor, friend, counselor, or the Divine, ask for help and be open to the guidance and tools that come your way.
Let’s keep the conversation going. What has helped you find yourself when you were feeling lost? Share in the comments below, I’d love to hear your input.
“I did what I had to, I had no money but I had to meet her. I was cycling for love, but never loved cycling. It’s simple.”
I was in awe when I read this article (link of the article below in red) about how this guy cycled all the way from India to Europe, it didn’t only touched my heart but I felt that their love was real. This is certainly no fairy tale but surely some director in Hollyweed will be milking movie out of a movie of them, seems worthy of the big screen. I would watch it if it comes out.
but what made this story so interesting is that, how in the world did the mother predicted the shit out of her son’s love life ..DAMM.. that is some real shamazam there, spooky but it’s real pure luck I say but surely awesome predicting skills she got there, for all it’s worth he could have rep his country in the Tour De France cycling those miles and maybe made a name for himself as well.
Anyway from the look of their face, that is truly love and good for them. Would you cycle across country for LOVE? in this day and time, I think people just swipe left and right, who cares about REAL love.