WAIT A MIN … HOW IN THE WORLD THIS HAPPENED ??? Why do I look like a drunken homeless person covered in colors
How in the world did I end up dressed like that? well, There was clearly no alcohol involved, no drugs.. I blame it on this run called illumi Run and It definitely lived up to its name “PARTY ON THE RUN”
This is definitely one of the best run ever, I dont think any other fun run would be able to top this one. I have to say this is a Raver’s, Techno, House whatever music you hear in the club, you gonna be dancing to the beat for the whole route. WAIT.. before I go any further. Check this video out.. you tell me if you see a RAVE party or a Run Party … (Please do not turn your volume up to high, your speakers will burst)
So what do you see, A Rave Party or A Running Event?? I SEE BOTH
That’s why the organizers call it “PARTY ON THE RUN” and I kid you not, I was
Running dancing to all the DJ stations. The people were all hyped up with all the awesome DJ’s pumping out all music all night. What more can one ask for.
As I am posting this the amount of Instagram pictures with the hashtag #illumiRun is increasing, I believe it has already reached 5000 pics and growing as I am typing this, and not forgetting that is the official Hashtag, I’ve even seen hashtag such as #illumi, #illumination, #illumirin2013 and many more, If you have an Instagram account go checkout the hashtag #illumiRun, you will see all the awesome pics and all the fun everyone had that night,
I have to say this is one Party..er… RUN you will not want to miss.
Isaac’s 10 Tips on how to Enjoy this event when it lands on your shore
- Register yourself quick once registration opens. It will sell out quick
- Get all your buddies to sign up (its gonna be a BLAST)
- Get yourself a water proof casing for your phone (see no 8.)
- Get some Funky light sticks or anything that will illuminate
- Make sure you are ready to get soaked in COLOR and don’t shy away from it
- Don’t .. I repeat.. Dont Run (I know its a Run..) but there is no medal, go for a slow..SLOW JOG, what I did was I danced the whole way.
- Make Friends Along the way ( I GAVE FREE HUGS too all who needed one) Yes even volunteers ran away from me.
- Take Picture along the route (Because you will be changing Colors like a Chameleon in every different Zone)
- Do no throw away your T-shirt cause its one of a kind and it is Limited Edition
- Stay for the After Party and Pyrotechnics, YOU WILL NOT REGRET !!
I kinda took No. 5 too seriously and I had to drive back in a poncho as I did not bring an extra t-shirt, so bring extra clothes to change after the event and bring a towel (to wipe off the excess Neon Goo) , at the end point there will be volunteers handing out mineral water and sport wipes but that will not be sufficient, use the towel that you have brought and soak your towel with the bottle of water and wipe clean.
Isaac’s 2 cents worth on this event:
I felt kinda sad when I crossed the finish line to be honest, I didn’t want the night to end to be honest cause I was just having so much fun. I wish all run would be like this.. after the run I told the organizers that they should have this in a 42km category (now that would really be rawking)
anyway some tips to better further improve this already awesome event.
- Please have a slider zone at the end of the run (so people can slide and soak themselves in more colors)
- I suggest installing more of the UV lights all along the way so that way, why ? cause firstly the whole running path will be runners glowing and illuminating with the paint, how cool is that, and all runners do not have to crowd at one place just to take picture.
- Hope the volunteers do not stop people from dancing at the DJ zone, people are just having too much fun
- Please let me sign up on all your illumi Runs in other countries. I SO WANNA DO THIS AGAIN
Check out all my pics that we took last Saturday. Do wait for next year if you did not manage to sign up for this one.
ILLUMI RUN is conceptualised and organised by event company Infinitus Productions Private Limited. Jeffrey Foo, Director, said, “We are combining two of Singaporeans’ biggest loves – running and partying, to offer an unforgettable event that commemorates the year with a fun, cool and healthy twist. Bring along your friends and join us as we celebrate 2013 with a bang!”
and boy did Infinitus made this the event of the YEAR ! all 10000 participants would agree. KUDOS to you guys and thank you for such a memorable event. Catch ya later.